KATHERINE WEBER WATERCOLORIST
I have been exploring art from an early age but only in the past few years have I been drawn to the watercolor challenge. So much magic can happen with this medium. Expanding my repertoire of painting techniques is my current focus. It is a rare day when I do not pick up a paint brush!
My grandfather was a wildlife artist and probably gave me my first paints. Instruction began for me at the Art Institute of Chicago but then life took over and although I kept an art hand in through the years it was only after retirement that I began to pick up my brushes again, with the emphasis on COLOR! Nature is always an inspiration.
- www.natureartists.com; signature membership 2017
- Freeport Art Museum, 14th Annual Regional Juried Exhibition, Nov 17-Feb 10, 2018, Freeport, IL
- Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington, D.C. Annual International Exhibition of Fine Art in Miniature, 2016-2017
- Colors of Humanity Art Gallery/Botanicals 2015
- Richeson 75 International Still Life & Floral 2015, Animals, Birds & Wildlife 2015-6, Small Works 2016-17
- International Miniature Fine Art Show, Rattner Museum, Tarpon Springs, FL 2015, 2017-1st in Floral & Botanical; Dunedin, FL 2016
- Parklane Gallery-Kirkland, WA Annual International Juried Miniature Show, 2016-7
- Heartland Art Guild, International Miniature Show, Paola KS 2016-7
- HCC Ybor City Performing Arts, Tampa, FL 2015 “The Message is the Medium” (silk)
- Women’s Works, Woodstock, IL 2013-5&7
- Art of the Land, The Land Conservancy of McHenry County, IL 2013-6, “Best of Show” 2017
- Bogs in Art, Volo, IL 2012-7
- Creek Gallery, Crystal Lake, IL 2013-7
- Norris Gallery “Watercolor 2017” – St. Charles, IL
- Illinois Watercolor Society 2017 National Exhibition, Dixon, IL Outstanding Abstract Non-Representational Award for “Hedgerow”
- Sierra Gallery, Elizbeth Specht Memorial Miniatures Show, Mariposa, CA 2017
- Cheap Joe’s art supply 2014 catalog featured my “Pumpkin Splendor” watercolor
on yupo painting in its Customer Art section.
- The Farm Show, Lake County Discovery Museum 2012
- University of Wisconsin, Regional Arts Programs:
In 2013 I received recognition from the Wisconsin Regional Artists Association (WRAA) winning a State Award for a painting called “Frogs & Flowers” and First Prize in the Contour Notes Contest allowing my black and white painting called Patient Pups to appear on the cover of 2014 issues of Contour Notes.
In August 2014 I received a State Award from WRAA for a painting titled “Walking Stick Zen” and the Julie Chang Artistic Excellence Award for “Frogs and Flowers.”
- In August 2016 I received a State Award for a painting titled “Walking Tree” and the Edith Miller Award
- State Awards: Janesville 2014-6; Greendale, 2014; Burlington, 2015-7, Sun Prairie 2015
- Tiny Treasures Calendar: Cover for 2016; Month of June 2015; Month of June 2017; Month of November 2018
- The January 2015 issue of The Artist’s Magazine features my painting titled “Orchid Zen” which allows me to use their seal.
- Geneva Lake Art Foundation, Lake Geneva, WI
- Illinois Watercolor Society
- Lake Region Watercolor Guild, Grayslake, IL
- Miniature Art Society of Florida, Clearwater, FL
- Northwest Area Arts Council, Crystal Lake, IL
- Transparent Watercolor Society of America, Kenosha, WI
- Wisconsin Regional Art Association, Madison, WI
- Dunedin FL Fine Art Center